Tomorrow is my third week anniversary.
Okay, before you lay congrats on me, it’s only with my new car. But it feels like the beginning of a long relationship. And I wanted to give my new Honda CRV a great name.
We women often name our cars, right? And I wanted just the right name for my Honda. As usual, I did a little research online. The Namely Yours site gave a number of trends that are popular when considering your car’s new name.
Trend #1: Naming your car because of its color. Some of my favorites:
- Smurf (an obvious blue choice)
- The Pumpkin-mobile (orange and maybe tasteful?)
- Goldilocks (all that glitters)
- Beryl the Yellow Peril (self-explanatory)
- Kermit (makes me want to sing about rainbows)
Trend #2: A male or female name after someone you know.
- Most popular name – Betsy
- Veronica – Hey! I once had a car with that name.
- Buddy – who doesn’t need a little Buddy? (The Skipper does, for sure!)
Trend #3: Naming your car after its appearance.
- The War Wagon – a Dodge Charger
- The Hearse – a big black station wagon
Trend #4: Regarding the make or model of your car.
- Oldsmellobile – Oldsmobile
- Charlotte – a Spyder convertible
- Thumper – a Volkswagon Rabbit, of course!
- Zoom-zoom – that was my last car, a Mazda
And Trend #5: Named for a unique or undesirable trait.
- Putt-putt-bang (enough said)
I decided to go with Trend #2 and name my Honda after someone I truly admire. What do you think?